Monday, January 23, 2012

Save the world, don't have children.

SHIT. 


No longer can I justify my (fairly infrequent, yet still highly GHG intensive) travel, with claims that "Yeah, well I don't have nor do I intend to have kids so I can fly now and again".

There is a person being cooked in my belly. She'll be out soon.

Technically, I guess that now makes me a 'Mummy Blogger' which make my face involuntarily grimace and gives me a vague panicky feeling. So you would be doing me a favour by promising to make loud terrible comments if it gets too 'Mumsy'.

Anyway.

Just for shits and giggles, and with the optimism of a person who's still technically childless,  I have decided not to buy my kid anything new.

Partly because of the environment, partly because I don't have much money and mostly as a massive 'Fuck You' to every since company and piece of media that has been bombarding and manipulating me into thinking that I need to buy all this junk new.

I'll use this blog to let you know if it's possible, beg occasionally or whinge.

I'm writing the rules over the next couple of days, if you have suggestions then please leave them below.

Promise not to get emo.

Bloody hippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment